One of the stations of Kirovsko-Vyborgskaya Linia – is the first line of Petersburg metro appeared in 1955. It connects the south-western city area (Kirovsky District) with its northern parts (Kalininsky and Vyborgsky Districts). The 29,6 km long line consists of 19 stations – Devyatkino, Grazhdansky prospect, Akademicheskaya, Politekhnicheskaya, Ploschad Myzhestva, Lesnaya, Vyborgskaya, Ploschad Lenina, Chernyshevskaya ,Ploschad Vosstania, Vladimirskaya, Pushkinskaya, Tekhnologichesky Institut, Baltiiskaya, Narvskaya, Kirovsky Zavod, Avtovo, Leninsky Prospect, Prospect Veteranov. The Prospect Veteranov metro station, situated on the junction of Bulvar Novatorov and prospect Veteranov hence the name of the station, was constructed in 1977 to the design of architect B.G.Hilchenko. It’s remarkable that there is no lobby and the entrance to the station is through pedestrian subways.