One of the stations of Kirovsko-Vyborgskaya Linia – is the first line of Petersburg metro appeared in 1955. It connects the south-western city area (Kirovsky District) with its northern parts (Kalininsky and Vyborgsky Districts). The 29,6 km long line consists of 19 stations – Devyatkino, Grazhdansky prospect, Akademicheskaya, Politekhnicheskaya, Ploschad Myzhestva, Lesnaya, Vyborgskaya, Ploschad Lenina, Chernyshevskaya ,Ploschad Vosstania, Vladimirskaya, Pushkinskaya, Tekhnologichesky Institut, Baltiiskaya, Narvskaya, Kirovsky Zavod, Avtovo, Leninsky Prospect, Prospect Veteranov. The Kirovsky Zavod station, opened in 1955, is located near Kirovsky Factory hence the name of the station. The station is accomplished in strict geometrical forms with the abundance of grey marble used for tiling 44 columns and walls decorated with bas-reliefs depicting scenes from industrial life.