One of the stations of Kirovsko-Vyborgskaya Linia – is the first line of Petersburg metro appeared in 1955. It connects the south-western city area (Kirovsky District) with its northern parts (Kalininsky and Vyborgsky Districts). The 29,6 km long line consists of 19 stations – Devyatkino, Grazhdansky prospect, Akademicheskaya, Politekhnicheskaya, Ploschad Myzhestva, Lesnaya, Vyborgskaya, Ploschad Lenina, Chernyshevskaya ,Ploschad Vosstania, Vladimirskaya, Pushkinskaya, Tekhnologichesky Institut, Baltiiskaya, Narvskaya, Kirovsky Zavod, Avtovo, Leninsky Prospect, Prospect Veteranov. Opened in 1955, the Narvskaya station is located near the Narva gate hence the name of the station. One of the fronts walls of the station, accomplished in festive pure white, red and golden coloures, used to be adorned with the mosaics depicting Stalin, but in 1961 the artificial wall was constructed to hide it.